BI-METAL DIAL TYPE
MODEL 3BM, 3BMS, 3VBM - 3” DIAL
MODEL 5BM, 5BMS, 5VBM - 5” DIAL
• STAINLESS STEEL CASE: The entire case assembly is of type 300 series stainless steel. Glass face gasketed within case and bezel assembly to insure a hermetic seal.
• STEM ASSEMBLY: Stem and fixed thread connection fabricated of type 304 stainless steel. Welded construction insures complete corrosion resistance. The stem diameter is 1/4”, the fixed thread fitting is 1/2” NPT. Stem lengths also available up to 36”...consult Ernst Flow Industries.
• BI-METALLIC ELEMENT: The sensitive, precision formed bi-metallic element is accurately calibrated to meet certified temperature standards. This helix assembly is silicone damped against vibration. The silicone fluid increases the speed of response due to more rapid heat transfer from stem to bi-metallic element.
• DIAL: The BM, BMS and VBM series have a dial of anodized aluminum, with satin matte background and black numerals and graduation lines. Minimum parallax.
• ACCURACY: Accurate within 1% of scale range.
• SEPARABLE SOCKETS: Separable sockets are available in all materials for direct attachment to the thermometers. Separable sockets should be used on all pressurized applications, to protect the stem of the thermometer from corrosion and physical damage, and to facilitate removal of the thermometer without disturbing the process. Type 304 or 316 Stainless Steel available. 3/4” NPT standard external thread. 1/2” or 1” NPT available.
• ADJUSTABLE ANGLE TYPE: Available in the 3VBM and 5VBM models.
• RECALIBRATOR ADJUSTMENT: All models equipped with reset screw.
WARNING: All bi-metal thermometers should be selected considering media and operating conditions. Improper
application can be detrimental to the thermometer causing failure and possible personal injury, or property damage.